Thursday, December 27, 2012

More Old Time Radio


If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a techno and science fiction nut. Really, I have no problem in admitting this.


On the other hand, I also like fiction, just not any fiction though; I really enjoy the oldies. Sci Fi, mystery, adventure serials from the thirties to the sixties is so much fun. I could listen to the old radio shows all day. Slip on the headset, pry open a pod cast on my Blackberry and sit back to listen to all that campy, corny, over-the-top dialog can be great stuff.
One web site that I visit regularly is titled ‘Old Time Radio Fan’ at www.otrfan.com. They have dozens of the old radio shows, some with the original commercials (which in itself is something else to listen to).

I was just listening to a Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar episode and thought I’d let you in on this well-kept secret filled with intrigue, drama and all the campy-ness you love in a radio show from 1955.

These Johnny Dollar episodes are from the October 10, 1955 run of ‘The Molly Kay Matter’, Starring Bob Bailey as Johnny Dollar. In this adventure, Johnny is sent to San Francisco to investigate the suspected scuttling of a heavily insured freighter.

Listen to the episodes by following this link ….. and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment